I'm so excited to participate in another 24 hour Dewey's Read-a-Thon this year! It's one of my favourite readathons, and later today I'm actually hosting a mini challenge too! So make sure you check back for that and participate in some of the other mini challenges here.
I'm trying not to overestimate how much I can read for my goal, and I've decided on these four:
I was *hoping* to finish up The Raven Boys before the readathon, but alas those plans did not work out. I'm on page 157 at the start of the readathon. I've also read about 16 pages from The Nethergrim. I'll update this blog post and Twitter during the 24 hours.
I also need to go for my scheduled long run tomorrow, and I'll either listen to an audiobook during the run or I'll just take a break.
Good luck! Can't wait to spend the day reading with all of you :)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Friends, I am reading from Ontario, Canada where it is a gray, sleepy day so far :)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Finishing up The Raven Boys!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Hmm probably my key lime pie greek yogurt.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I JUST finished school this week so I'm thrilled to be celebrating with a readathon! (Clearly, I party hard.)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Hmm... I've planned a run as my mid-break which should help keep me fresh and focused.
Starting time @ 8:14 am EST
RAVEN BOYS page 157
Hour 12 Update (8:04 pm EST)
So after twelve hours of the readathon I finished:
The Raven Boys (total of 251 pages today)
The Snow Queen (1 hour 16 minutes audiobook)
Currently reading: The Chaos of Stars (126 pages in)
So far, not so bad! I likely won't hit my whole goal but I made a great dent :)
1. What are you reading right now?
The Chaos of Stars!
2. How many books have you read so far?
This is my third book of today.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The Nethergrim! I love a good fantasy book and have high hopes for this one.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
A little bit, but I was mostly free already.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
No interruptions - I'm good at tuning other things out :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That we're only HALFWAY through it! I won't make the whole 24 hours, but it feels like I've been reading for so long already haha.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I'm not sure if I would change anything yet.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes! I can really feel it now.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
If you aren't feeling a book, just walk away and pick up a different one! I don't fight through a book during a readathon. There's time to read it later.